You are invited to explore the position of Research Director with the Coalition for a Prosperous America Education Fund. Our organization is dedicated to educational activities that will result in new and positive U.S. trade and economic policies to help America win the international competition for good jobs, sustained economic growth and strong domestic supply chains.
The Research Director will formulate, implement and manage the research program for the Coalition for a Prosperous America Education Fund. The Director should have excellent research and writing skills with keen attention to detail, high standards and the capacity to quickly grasp a wide range of economic and public policy issues. He/she will collaboratively develop research priorities on the political and economic aspects of trade, currency, labor, tax and other national policies important to CPAEF.
The purpose of the position is to help CPAEF influence the national trade and economic debate by conducting research on pressing issues and translating that research into publications that are clearly written and easily comprehensible by both expert and lay audiences. We are looking for a meticulous, energetic and hard-working individual who will help build our reputation as a provider of credible, reliable data and analysis that helps policymakers, opinion leaders and the general public understand how trade policies impact the daily lives of business owners, workers, farmers and ranchers. The Research Director will work remotely and must therefore be organized and self directed to be effective.
- Lead the research, writing and editing of CPAEF’S research and policy resources and publications, which are primarily online
- Develop and manage new research projects from design through analysis to presentation and communication of findings, with quantitative and qualitative data
- Develop new research projects and materials to influence legislation, policymaking and advocacy and support activities to influence policymaking
- Identify and build relationships with scholars and partner organizations for collaboration towards our mission
- Respond to inquiries on data, research and policy
- Stay current on research and policy
- Assist in identifying and applying for grant opportunities
- Represent the organization externally
- Assist in other organization activities as required by a small organization like CPAEF
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES
The ideal candidate will possess boundless energy and a great sense of humor, must be driven and entrepreneurial and be absolutely dedicated to fixing US trade policy to benefit our members and the country.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics required. Master’s degree, J.D. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing and public speaking skills. Strong attention to detail. Must be particularly skilled at gathering and presenting information in a clear, concise and simple manner to persuade target audiences of varying political/ideological backgrounds. Previous research and writing experience required.
- Good project and staff management skills and a proven ability to manage projects to completion on-time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, to organize multiple and varied assignments and to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability and willingness to travel sometimes up to 25% of the time, as required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CPAEF is committed to a competitive salary and benefits plan that provides opportunities for education, professional development and supports work-life balance. Because of the small size of the paid staff, benefits are negotiable.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume, salary requirements and cover letter along with references to [email protected] Only candidates who are being actively considered will be contacted.