The Coalition for a Prosperous America (CPA) seeks a government relations manager to support its organizational policy strategy to challenge China’s access to US financial and consumer markets as well as to grow US industrial supply chains. The position will develop advocates within Congress and the administration, monitor and analyze federal government proposals, and seek to shape proposals to align with CPA priorities.
- Develop and manage relationships with and outreach to Congress, the administration, and relevant external stakeholders
- Monitor, review, and analyze legislative and/or administrative actions that potentially have an impact upon the committee members to identify potential opportunities and threats
- Educate policymakers and decisionmakers on CPA’s initiatives and policy proposals
- Build support for organizational initiatives to achieve success
- Participate with other industry associations and as necessary with other stakeholders and professional associations
- Identify opportunities to leverage the CPA’s brand and to increase awareness of the members’ contributions to economic development and job creation, as well as its community affairs and philanthropic efforts
- Work with internal divisions such as economics, communications, marketing, and legal to ensure alignment with organizational committee and member objectives
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience in working with U.S. Congress, federal agencies, trade/business associations
- Preferred expertise in working with national security, foreign affairs or trade and on the committees of jurisdiction in Congress
- Law degree preferred but not required
- Proven track record of building relationships to partner towards common objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work and integrate across functional areas to achieve organizational goals
- Successful ability to build strategies and enroll commitment from stakeholders through communication
- The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in goal achievement, teamwork, flexibility, holding others accountable, strategic planning, and executive presence
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CPA will provide a competitive salary that is appropriate for the candidate’s experience and accomplishments. CPA also provides health insurance and retirement benefits.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who are being actively considered will be contacted.
CPA is an equal opportunity employer.