The CPA Education Fund, the charitable arm of the Coalition for a Prosperous America, is looking for a Marketing and Development Manager who is an excellent oral communicator, highly organized and a self starter. The candidate will help organize and oversee our membership relations, communications, development efforts and education programs. He or she should have experience managing websites and social media communications. The candidate will work with, support and report to the CEO on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate will manage and coordinate CPA events in Washington DC and elsewhere. Good writing skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on new tasks are necessary.
The Marketing and Development Director will work remotely, communicate with our team regularly and must therefore be organized and self directed to be effective. The position requires occasional travel to Washington DC and other events and meetings.
- Manage and create content on the organizational website
- Manage social media communications and outreach
- Communicate with organizational members and donors via telephone and email with a positive attitude and good judgment
- Create and distribute organizational content to our membership, media, government and the press
- Coordinate with web developer and web design contractors
- Manage relationships with the media
- Manage CPA events including our annual meeting in Washington DC and other events
- Help design and carry out fundraising and membership campaigns
- Help design and carry out advocacy campaigns
- Help design and write organizational newsletters
- Assist the CEO with managing his activities, projects and responsibilities
- Organize and draft minutes membership and committee telephonic meetings
Qualifications and Preferences: The ideal candidate will possess a very positive attitude, the ability to communicate effectively with organizational stakeholders, the ability to manage complex tasks requiring the use of independent judgment, and be a team player. Marketing, sales or nonprofit development experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral communication skills to work with organizational members, donors, coworkers, and managers
- Experience managing and developing web content
- Experience utilizing social media for advocacy purposes
- Good writing skills
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum five years of experience in a related office setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; Apple Pages, Numbers and Keynote; Google Documents. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Excellent time management skills to maintain a professional and productive workday in a remote work environment
- Good project and staff management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple large and small projects and tasks to completion on-time and keep team members informed and on task
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, to organize multiple and varied assignments and to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
Compensation and Benefits: CPAEF will pay a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a retirement plan, medical benefits and two weeks paid time off.
Application Procedure: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered, candidates should submit a resume, salary requirements and cover letter along with references to [email protected] Only candidates who are being actively considered will be contacted.