Co Chair CPA members: Greg Owens, owner of Liberty Tabletop and Jim Stuber author of What if Things Were Made in America Again
For governments, companies, and consumers to maximize the U.S. content in the goods and services they procure and produce.
1. Government purchases military and non-military at the federal level
Goal: For federal-level government entities to maximize the U.S. content in the goods and services they procure and produce
- Berry Amendment investigation and understanding
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Berry Amendment in terms of history and scope.
- Identify recent modifications that have debilitated the effectiveness of Barry.
- Identify and analyze enforcement issues surrounding Barry
- Identify existing proposals to improve effectiveness and enforcement.
- Buy American Act investigation and understanding
- Gain a thorough understanding of the history and scope of the Buy American Act.
- Identify recent changes/loopholes that have debilitated the effectiveness of BuyAmerican.
- Identify enforcement gaps, unwitting lack of compliance issues and willful non-compliance issues related to Buy American.
- Identify existing proposals to improve on the effectiveness and enforcement of Buy American legislation
Activities: Conduct research to include internet general research into military and federal procurement, conduct interviews with companies doing business with the government through GSA and other procurement methods, interview Members of Congress with an interest in the subject, interview members of the Administration with an interest in the subject, speak directly with government procurement agencies and groups that advocate for or facilitate selling to the federal government.
Produce a series of recommendations for CPA detailing the problems associated with Barry and Buy American along with a series of recommendations on how to restore effectiveness and enforcement.
Form an ongoing group of company representatives from firms doing business with the federal government designed to further advocate for the strengthening of buy American as well as share ideas on how to best approach increased sales to the government. Encourage these members to become active members of CPA.