PART-TIME / PROJECT-BASED / REMOTE
We believe America can provide good jobs for workers, affordable goods for consumers, opportunities for farms and manufacturers and a clean environment without compromising our national sovereignty and security. The Coalition for a Prosperous America (CPA) believes in working for new and positive US trade and economic policies that deliver prosperity and security to America, its citizens, farms, factories and working people.
The CPA is a bipartisan nonprofit organization including U.S. manufacturers, labor unions, and family farm groups. We advocate for CPA policies and our think tank division carries out economic research exploring U.S. economic challenges and demonstrating the benefits of our policy proposals. We are a unique coalition with significant relationships and influence with policymakers in both parties in Congress and the administration.
We are looking for a professional industry analyst to work with us on a contract basis supporting our research and analysis efforts on specific projects involving researching and writing reports on industries engaged in international competition. The right person will have experience in analyzing industries as to competitive landscape, competitive dynamics, pricing pressures, government policies, including subsidies and discriminatory taxes, key differentiators, cost structure, customer segmentation and other key characteristics of modern product markets. Experience in financial or securities analysis is not required but would be an asset.
- This is a part-time, project-based role, reporting to the Chief Economist.
- Conduct secondary industry, market, and product research using publicly available web tools and subscription databases.
- Perform investigative research supporting corporate reports and other public documents with a focus on identifying the impact of government policies such as tariffs or preferential buying regulations on industrial sectors.
- Synthesize and understand pertinent information derived from secondary research, subject matter experts, and commercial data for impacts to US and international manufacturers’ strategic decision making, implementation and likely outcomes.
- Develop, author, and edit customized corporate research briefings and reports.
- Develop and manage data in original databases.
- Assist in administrative duties as needed (e.g., project management functions, meeting organization, supply purchases).
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong open-source research and investigative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of international business landscape including some familiarity with US and China business environments
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree required
- MBA preferred
- At least 3 years related research experience preferred (international business, economics, etc.)
Please submit a resume, cover letter, compensation/rate requirements, and references to [email protected]
CPA is an equal opportunity employer.